How to Retain VLC App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pengapine, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Pengapine macrumors member

Hi,

Long time lurker but first time poster in the apps forum. I just pulled the trigger on a 15" mbp and working to migrate everything over from my old pc. So I was able to re-DL all my other apps from the itunes store but not VLC, since it was pulled. Is there anyway to retain the VLC player on my iphone 4 and ipad? I realize the first time that I sync my iphone 4/Ipad, that all the apps will get swiped.

Unfortunately I did not backup my apps and since my pc crapped out (was able to salvage my mp3s stored on another HD), are there any work-arounds to get the app unto the mbp?

Thanks for your help!

2. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

Is it still on your device? If so you should be able to back up purchased apps.

3. Pengapine thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the quick response. Yes. The VLC apps is still both on my iphone 4 and Ipad. How do you backup your apps on your device:confused:? Does it give you that option when you plug in your device?

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

4. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

Yes, just plug it into your laptop and it'll show up in itunes and give you the option (It'll even be pushy about it)

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Of course it will allow you to backup a purchased app that's on your phone. Why else would they allow downloads on your phone if it didn't transfer over?