How to retrieve current iPhone 4 wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by APtalent, Sep 28, 2011.

1. APtalent macrumors regular

I have this wallpaper and lockscreen images set up and I want to modify them a bit. However, I can't find their exact location. They're not in my iPhone's wallpaper folder or camera roll.

Any ideas as to where it may be? I'm currently trying to check via ssh in the Library/wallpaper directory but the .pngs are locked.

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Post a screenshot of the wallpaper you want. I'm sure someone has it or can find it for you.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you're running a theme with widgets in Winterboard, check that specific Theme's folder. They're probably in there, often as Wallpaper.png (or .jpeg) or LockBackground.png.

4. APtalent thread starter macrumors regular

Good idea!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At first I thought it might've been bundled with the theme but I checked and the wallpaper isn't there. I disabled the theme and the wallpaper was still there.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Well, here's the lockscreen, anyway.

(No, I didn't have it. Cropped the middle section from what you provided, threw it into tineye.com, came up with the SD version, threw that into google images and told it to find all sizes. LOL)

[​IMG]

6. APtalent thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a LOT IrishVixen! I appreciate it!

I managed to merge some screenshots in PS and came up with this,
    [​IMG]It's all messed up but the original wallpaper should resemble something similar. I already did a reverse lookup and didn't get any results. Hopefully someone sees this!

7. APtalent thread starter macrumors regular

Almost. :eek:

Well, I managed to recreate the wallpaper cloning certain blank parts.
    Here's the result.
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone for your help!