How to retrieve shsh files from cydia for iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by En28so, Oct 22, 2010.

1. En28so macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    I bought a Jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3gs running fw 4.01.
    So I was trying to save my shsh files with tiny umbrella, and since it's fw 4.01, it says I'm too late. So what happens if something goes wrong with my phone and have to restore it? Would I have to go to fw 4.1 which would break my unlock? Thanks for all replies.
  2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2009
    You can only save hashes for the firmware version Apple is currently signing, right now that is 4.1, too late for the others, so you cannot restore to anything other than 4.1
  3. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    I read on the iphone dev team that you can save your shsh files for 4.1 even if your not on 4.1 yet? I was wondering what that meant. So i better not screw with anything on my phone then. I'm afraid of installing any apps or programs that are not from the app store for that reason, since some people have trouble with such programs sometimes. thanks.
  4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

May 21, 2009
    yes, you can save your shsh for whatever the current firmware is, because apple will sign it.

I believe you can use pwnage tool to update to 4.1 without baseband update, but as I do not have a 3GS or a reason to do this, I don't really know much about it.

Edit: (from the iphone dev site)

"PwnageTool allows you to restore to a custom IPSW file. For instance, you can restore to a pre-jailbroken firmware while simultaneously maintaining your current baseband (and thus your ultrasn0w carrier unlock). You can also add whatever packages you want in the “Expert” mode of PwnageTool, if you wish to pre-install Cydia packages. iPhone 3G users get the additional benefit of selecting their own boot and recovery logos, and features like multitasking and battery charge percentage."
  5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Jun 2, 2010
    Save your SHSH for 4.1 because that is all you can save for the moment. If you have to restore for any reason download a copy of 4.1 to your desktop and use pwnage tool to make a custom IPSW. This will enable you to restore to 4.1 and save your baseband for the unlock.
  6. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    Ok, but do you save them with the new TU?since the old one won't let you
    Oh ok, but how do you save them whent TU won't let you? How about the new TU?thanks
  7. En28so thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    I figured it out. I installed the new TU software and saved my shsh for 4.1 thanks