How to RETURN my Macbook Air after 1 year?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by urbantea, Feb 24, 2013.

1. urbantea macrumors member

Bought a refurbrished apple Macbook air from the APPLE website. Have had tons of problems since day 1. Have brought it in THREE TIMES for repair cause stuff always wrong with it. It's def not working LIKE NEW at all. Now i still have a problem with it... and I have to bring it in AGAIN (4th time).

The 1 year warranty ends in 25 days.

I want to return this cause its obviosuly defective. I called them and ask for a refund and the lady said no, then said she doesnt have the power to give refunds and I should ask the store. (probably a lie).

Then I asked for an extension on the warranty, to give me one year more for FREE cause obviously things that has issues, They said no cause they changed every single part in the macbook so there's no more they can do.

HA, now i found the hard disk is messed up...so there goes that theory.

Anyways, i want to return it for a full refund. Or just give me a NEW ONE. It's been a year, so my credit card can't do an investigation etc.

Any ideas?

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Escalate to management. If management in the store doesn't give you satisfaction call the Apple customer care number. Keep moving it up the chain. Some people have had luck emailing "Tim Cook", not actually him but it goes to his people. tcook@apple.com

Whatever you do, include the history of what's been done, though they can look it up based on the serial.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

usually the apple rule is after 3 repairs for the same issue they will replace the machine.

4. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

I'd personally be really polite in the store telling them about all of the problems you've had, they'll probably favor you and just give yo a replacement. ;)

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I received a call the next day from Tim Cook's office - able to talk through my problem with someone who actually made some sense.

6. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

Problem solved?

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Yes :)

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Same problem but with my 2011 iMac. Had AppleCare on it though. But in shop five times in 21 months. Emailed Tim Cook directly with my concerns. Was worried when AppleCare ran out, what this iMac was going to cost me. Apple Store called me within a day and said they would replace it new as directed by Tim Cook. Here is a link to the thread I started about it. Included in thread is a copy of email I sent to Tim Cook. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1538023 . Read it all and see my results. Not a long thread, only 29 post. Maybe it will help you to take the approach I did. No guarantee you will get the same results but worth the try. I also sent Tim Cook a Thank You email after all was said and done.

9. urbantea thread starter macrumors member

Great. Thanks! I'll send a well prepared email to Tim Cook and document all the changes that they fixed and include my contact #.

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I'd try the Apple store first over an email to a CEO...

11. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I think he's probably got it sorted by now. :D

12. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Oh christ I didn't see the date, this thread must've been resurrected and I didn't notice but the post before mine has been deleted, weird.

13. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's ok. I think the oldest resurrection that I've seen is 7 years.