How to return your iPod to an Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caMi, Sep 17, 2007.

1. caMi macrumors regular

My iPod Touch 8GB has some serious screen issues and I would like to return it for replacement or refund if they do not have them in stock. (That way I can just order online).

Do I have to make some kind of appointment with the Genius bar or can I just walk in and get a new one (Like you would do at any other store)?

Any tips would be appreciated!

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It'd be good to set up an appointment at the Genius Bar - that way you can let them know the problem and not have to fight paying a 10% restocking fee.

3. metalarmed macrumors member

So it's 100% that you'll have to pay the restocking fee if you don't talk at the genius bar? I plan on getting a refund tomorrow.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Well if you go in just demanding a refund you'll have to pay the restocking fee I imagine. Scheduling with the Genius Bar will give you time to explain the problem, they might just give you a new one right there or ship yours off for service.

5. caMi thread starter macrumors regular

They hit you with 10% even if you want to exchange?

That would be BS. If that is the case this is the LAST time i buy from apple direct.

Any other store would say no prob.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'm merely saying that the general Apple employee who is hustling around the store from customer to customer might answer that since they can't really spend as much time with you as those at the genius bar. I could be wrong though. It'd just be safer to set up a genius bar appointment. It doesn't take any extra time, set it before you leave. Talk to an Apple employee walking around the floor when you get there and see if they can do it for you - if they can't - then at least you can fall back on your appointment.

7. caMi thread starter macrumors regular

How do you make an appointment?

They don't cost money do they?

8. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Make an appt. with the Genius Bar. The other employees wont know what to do. Simply tell them that it is defective, they will test it and play with it, and will give you a new one if they have them, if not, they will call you when a shipment comes.

9. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

How do you show them you have a problem. I dont know if mine is that bad. What is the best way to tell the extent of the problem? I'm not sure if I'm just percieving it. Some dark scenes are really dark but not as bad as some peoples.

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Nope, find your store at http://www.apple.com/retail/ you can set up an appointment there. They're free to set up and you won't be penalized for not showing up to your appointment - although it is polite to cancel if you are going to miss it. :p

11. AppleFan08 macrumors member

I erased all music from my ipod touch with the exception of Jay Zs, The Black Album, as well as the bourne supremacy. The first 2 minutes of that movie are nearly pitch black. When he asks me to show him what im talking about (if he doesnt already know) ill play the movie.