How to reverse 10.9.5 to 10.9.2?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by deejco1, Feb 22, 2015.

1. deejco1 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have an original 2006 Mac Pro desktop 1,1 computer. I was able to install Mavericks onto it with some elaborate instructions. It worked beautifully for months.

I recently updated my itunes to the latest version, which had some buggy problems. I then, very foolishly, decided to update my OS to 10.9.5 to see if that would solve the problem. Now my computer wont boot up. I get the flashing question mark screen.

I tried holding down the option key while booting up trick, the holding down the shift key trick, the holding down the command-option-P-R keys trick, none worked to boot up.

I was finally able to access my hard drive by attaching a firewire cable to my laptop and using the hold down the T key trick.

My question is, can I reverse the update back to 10.9.2 from my laptop? I'm not very computer savvy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave

2. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Hi Dave,

The best way to do this is to simply revert to the backup you made when you were on 10.9.2!

Failing this the only option I can think of is to backup your files and do a clean install.

3. vista980622 macrumors 6502

What you need is not a downgrade. Instead, it is to set your Mac Pro in target disk mode and connect it to another Mac with FireWare cable, the re-apply the same patch you previously did. (boot.efi replacement? Chameleon?)