How to revert to 4.3.5 after iOS 5 GM?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spblat, Oct 2, 2011.

1. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Like a zillion people, I'll be upgrading to (what I assume will be) iPhone 4S this month. In the meantime, I'll be upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 when it is released, hopefully this Tuesday.

But I want to be able to sell my iPhone 4 in a 4.3.5 state in case my buyer wants to jailbreak/unlock it.

So do I need to use Tiny Umbrella to save my SHSH blobs before the iOS update? Do I need to worry about the possibility of a baseband update? Is it likely that I simply won't be able to get back to an unlockable 4.3.5? Should I not even worry about it and have faith that a jailbreak for iOS 5 will come along quickly?

2. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

Before anything happen, you didn't need to worries.... life must go on and enjoy your iPhone

3. Aquaporin macrumors 6502

As I understand it, your baseband will be upgraded.

I am running iOS5b7, and I get stuck in an infinite 1015 loop when trying to downgrade to 4.3.x

My only option is to wait for GM release.

4. Darwing macrumors 6502

you are 100% wrong. that loop has been fixed. read up on it and tons of people have fixed it just like i did!

and btw there will b a jailbreak for your ios 5 when it comes out

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

your a little late on the unlock option expect Gevey sim unless you still have the 1.59 baseband from 4.00 or 4.01 firmware also 4.3.5 is not a desirable jailbreak since it's tethered. when I sell I like to give the buyer options the more the better jailbreak or stock and unlock when I can. this time I can't unlock it either except gevey.