how to rip this dvd movie? first time i couldnt do it.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neonkru, Dec 24, 2009.

1. neonkru macrumors regular

Hi! I just got the transformers 2 movie but i'm having problems backing it up to the hdd. it detects the movie as a 81gb movie and detects bad sectors in the dvd with mactheripper so i cant backup it. i know how to do it in windows. just use anydvd and clonedvd but i would like to know if you have a way around this for mac? thank you

2. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

i use handbrake and had the same issues with wall-e u can just use the dvd player then check what title it uses when it starts playing check what title is playing then in handbrake u can chose what title to use to rip it

3. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

i want to backup it just like the original to another dual layer dvd media. not rip to some mp4 file or something.

4. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Use and application called "Rip it"
    Alot of users have had successful results with it

:apple:

5. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

llike i said. mactheripper didn't work. i will try rip it and mac dvd ripper

6. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

sucessefuly ripped transformers 2 and speed racer with rip it. thank you for your help :)

7. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

new problem. i was able to backup the transformers 2 revenge of the fallen to the hdd. but now using toast it gets an error saying the video_ts folder is damaged. i ripped it again but it just keeps gining me the same error again. what to do?

8. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

i tried burning in windows with nero. it says that file VTS_04_6.VOB is missing. seems like that rip it is not enough for this movie yet

9. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

you need to use the latest mactheripper which you only get through the mactheripper community the version available online is old and cant do the protections on dvd`s

10. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

i got the mactheripper version 3.0 r14m still don't work. not enough to rip this movie. it detects as 81gb. its possible to rip only the movie, but i want all full features and menus. that is not possible right now with the current mactheripper version and rip it

11. thiagos macrumors 6502

thiagos

To be honest with you, till this date there is no stable software to rip DVDs on a Mac. Although RipIt is great (I own it), there are movies it will not rip.

My word of advice. Install Windows through bootcamp, purchase AnyDVD and Clone DVD and that should do the trick. It will rip any movie out there... I would suggest you to rip movies that you own for personal use only.