How to roll back Whatsapp

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dfbhd13, Aug 25, 2015.

1. dfbhd13 macrumors newbie

Several days ago i updated whatsapp to 2.12.5.

in this version the "show preview" option has been completely disabled and i dont see message previews on my lock screen any more, which for me is very frustrating.

i want to go back to the old version, not sure if i need 2.12.4 or 2.12.3. either way i couldnt find anything on the web that seems trustworthy, every website has a different filesize for 2.12.4 which raises questions.

does anyone know where to get a good version of an older whatsapp, and if i can even re install it over 2.12.5?
    Thanks

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You can roll back. But it's not a one step process.

I rolled back a clock app at one point. Here is how I did it.

I had two jailbroken iPhones. Both had iFile installed. My 3GS had the older version so I used iFile to zip the app and then copy it to Dropbox. On my iPhone 5, which had the newer app, I deleted the app from the springboard (ie, the normal Apple method of removing the app).

Then I copied the zipped app from Dropbox using iFile on my iPhone 5, unzipped it and then placed the app in the correct app folder location. I then rebooted my phone and the older version was back.

So, it's possible. You just need the older version of the app. That, I cannot help you with.

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

weird. r u sure its not a tweak causing the issue? works fine on both of my iPhones