How to run it in the MBA if it needs the CD on the star-up?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hildegueden, Jun 30, 2008.

1. hildegueden macrumors member

hildegueden

Hi everyone,

I’ve just installed The Rosetta Stone application on my MBA, and I made a CD image (.iso) of the language CD in my windows PC. I used Alcohol 120. When I open the Rossetta Stone in Mac OS X, it doesn’t recognize the language CD since Mac Os mount the .iso CD language as an external HD, not as an optical CD.

So far, the only way that I found to solve this problem, is installing the Rosetta Stone in my virtual windows XP, and I mount the image language CD with the Parallels feature. But I don’t want to use Parallels since it consumes a lot of resources. I want to use Rosetta Stone directly in Mac OS.

How do I manage that Rosetta stone recognizes the CD language in my MBA?
    Has anyone installed Rosetta stone application in their MBA and run it without any virtualization software?

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Try getting Toast. That program allows you to mount an image file like it is an actual CD.

3. benpatient macrumors 68000

you'll probably have to buy toast. unfortunately the air is crippled in this regard. Apple didn't think about apps that require the disc be in the drive to run, apparently.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because it's a '90s feature. HDDs are big enough now to not need a CD to supplement the running of a program.

5. hildegueden thread starter macrumors member

hildegueden

Thanks everyone for your posts!!!

Can you think in any other app to do this, but for free? something like daemon tools. Come on, there most be a solution... this would be my first complain about the MBA :mad: