How to save a desktop photo

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by martosprint, Aug 12, 2015.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

I've been wondering about this for quite awhile now. I installed a new desktop picture on my iMac, but how do I save the picture in system prefs desktop pictures? If I want to put a new desktop picture on the screen I lose the one that I had on there previously. It's no big deal, but was just wondering how to save the desktop pictures without losing them.
    thanks for a reply....

2. CoastalOR, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

The Finder Help has some good instructions with graphic that I found useful. Here is how to find it:
    Make sure your in Finder
    Select Help from the upper menu.
    Type/Enter "desktop picture"
    Select/click the first Topic which should be; "Give your desktop a custom look" (the Help window should open)
    Select "Change your desktop picture" which will display instructions

I made a new folder - "Desk Pictures" and placed it in my Pictures folder. I keep my personal desktop pictures in the Desk Pictures folder. I added the Desk Pictures folder to the Desktop (Desktop is in the Desktop & Screen Saver System Preference) System Preferences by clicking the + button in the Desktop System Preferences. Have fun.

3. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

4. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

5. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that CoastalOR..This suggestion from you worked about the folder..

I added the Desk Pictures folder to the Desktop (Desktop is in the Desktop & Screen Saver System Preference) System Preferences by clicking the + button in the Desktop System Preferences. Have fun.