How to save Colormunki Profiles ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NStocks, Jan 15, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I've got aX-rite Colormunki Photo calibrator and I've already matched my printer to display and calibrated my display. When I go to Photoshop I select the printer profile that I've created ( i.e Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper ).

Where are these profiles stored exactly ? It's just that if I ever erase my Hard drive I want to come back to the same profiles ( printer and screen ) so that I don;t have to go through the calibrating process again.

Thank You

BTW I have a 17" Macbook Pro ( latest ) and Epson Stylus Photo R2880.

2. jampat macrumors 6502a

You should be calibrating the monitor monthly and presumably should be redoing the printer too. Things don't stay exactly the same as they age. I would think about doing the printer when I installed new ink, changed paper or before I did a big job.

To answer your question, I don't know where the profiles are, but I thing losing them isn't a terrible thing.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm kind of new to this calibration thing... I've calibrated my screen and it looks dreadful. I mean, I wouldn't mind if it was a little different but it's loads different, dull and yellow not at all nice to look at. I've just done the " printer to match screen' option, but if I use the factory default for the screen, will the prints still match the screen at all, since I've calibrated the printer for various media types ?

Thank You

4. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Here's a before and after. The cooler and brighter is the factory default.

I've got a very good ( and expensive) setup here and I really want to get it right. I just find it hard to read text with the calibrated profile. If I used the profile created for the printer/media combination would that yield better results... colours and brightness that will be closer to match the screen than before printer calibration ?

Thank You

Attached Files:

5. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

After Calibration

Attached Files:

6. admwright macrumors regular

The profiles (monitor at least, I have not done the printer yet) are in your user directory in Library/ColorSync/Profiles if you want to back them up.

All the best
    Andrew W.