How to save contacts and photos on a restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoLife, Aug 15, 2010.

1. LoLife macrumors regular

Hey I was wondering if anyone has a good way for me to save all my contacts and photos when I do a restore. I am restoring my phone and starting from new because my facetime is not working and everyone says that I have to restore and restart from new but I don't want to lose all my contacts and photos. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You should be syncing your contacts with something over the air (g-mail...Mobile Me...etc.) or you should be syncing with something on the computer (like Apple Address Book or Outlook). Once you've done that you just re-sync the phone with that thing after the restore.

The Camera Roll needs to be downloaded to your computer. The other photos albums (or events) you have were synced from the computer in the first place so they'll still be on the computer...you just need to re-sync them again, same as you'll do with music and videos.

3. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I'm on a PC and I just "un-jailbroke" mine and synced my contacts with my gmail account. You can link itunes to your google contacts in itunes. For the photos, just copy-paste from explorer.