Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I'd like to save individual disc images of the OSX and Win 7 installs on two partitions on my drive so that I can restore the operating systems if I need to. How can I do this since both have different file systems? Do I use Carbon Cloner? How do I restore the Windows partition if I do this?

Also:

I installed Windows 7 32-bit Home edition on a 200gb partition using Bootcamp. I am installing and tweaking the Windows installation and would like to take a snapshot of the system after I have installed all programs and settings.

I used Acronis True Image 2011 on my previous Dell laptop to take a disc image of my installation then used that on subsequent reinstallations using an Acronis boot disc and disc image accessed from a USB hard drive.

How can I reinstall the disc image of an Aronis True Image partition on a Macbook Pro 13" 2010 if part of the drive has OSX? Could I boot from an Acronis boot CD then reinstall the Windows partition on the MBP?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.