How to save docs to iCloud drive

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by GadgetGeek407, Jul 12, 2015.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

If someone emails me a pdf or a pic and I want to save it to iCloud drive there doesn't seem to be an option currently. Anyone know of a way?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

iCloud Drive doesn't function like Dropbox or other cloud-based storage services. iCloud Drive is just a central hub for all of the docs and files that apps you use save in iCloud. So for example, if you make a document in Pages or Keynote, it'll be saved in iCloud and you can access it via the iCloud Drive app. You can't upload things to iCloud Drive like you would Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

3. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its kind of silly cause I can save and drag documents to iCloud drive from my Mac just not from the phone. I couldn't imagine that they wouldn't fix this before GM. It's backwards

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Of course you can. There are many apps that support Save to iCloud which opens up the iCloud Drive browser and you can directly upload there.

OP: from Mail, hold on image and click on Save Attachment and it'll take you to iCloud Drive to upload.

5. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow simple. Just tried it works like a charm. I suppose I was trying it the regular way opening it and clocking the top right to save. This is great. Thanks boss.

Has this been like this since before or is it new?

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

It's new.

No clue.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Oh sorry, I was thinking pre-iOS 9. Probably because I was restoring back to 8.4 as I replied lol

9. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You know you went out and tried it and figure oh my God it actually works, lol

10. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any way to do this in outlook mail app? Surprising a great app for multiple email account users

11. Saurus504 macrumors member

False, I use mine exactly like dropbox.