How to save Documents from TextEdit and iWorks to Cloud from Mac?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Satnam1989, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Satnam1989, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Hey guys I'm trying to learn how to have my documents I create on my Mac appear on icloud.com and on my iPhone 4S's Pages application. But so far I am having no luck at all.

I saved the Document called "iCloud" under "iCloud" setting but its appearing "On My Mac" and in my Documents folder....regardless of what I select from above (iCloud or On My Mac)

Also If I for example am browsing "Downloads" folder while "On My Mac" is selected and then i decide to click "iCloud" on the top left...all it does is removes the Side bar for that particular folder....

Lastly when I make my document and go to File-->Save it only gives option in drop down menu to save it somewhere on my Mac...if that makes any sense...or is that how its suppose to be.

Attached Files:

2. Brammy macrumors 65816

iCloud isn't a file-system storage system like iDisk was. Basically, to move a Pages document to iCloud you need to open it in Pages, and then under the File menu choose "Move to" and then iCloud.

You'll need to do this for the various iWork apps. Unfortunately, each app's iCloud file storage is sandboxed to that app; you can't open a Pages document from iCloud into Preview, for example.

3. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not able to see "iCloud"? when I go to File->Move to->????

Attached Files:

4. Brammy macrumors 65816

I'm going to assume you're using the version of iWork released yesterday -- if not, you'll need it.

Make sure Documents and Data (or something similar) is selected in iCloud in the System Preferences.

5. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup everything is up to date and I double verified the version number matching from the about screen and in app store.

Also Documents and Data is checked/selected in iCloud prefs.

6. imagine18 macrumors newbie

This is how I'd move a document to iCloud - it might be that you're clicking on the wrong place. Have you tried clicking on the little arrow next to the name of the document at the top?

Attached Files: