how to save email address from a mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londondude, Mar 11, 2008.

1. londondude macrumors regular

Is it possible to save an email address contained in a received email to my contacts. If you click on the email address it opens an email to the person but gives you no options to do anything with it?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

When you view the email up where it says From: and it highlights it in a blueish bubble with an arrow on the end. Press that and it will take you to the options where you can save the email address

3. londondude thread starter macrumors regular

I try that but it does gives me an option to save the email not the address?

4. londondude thread starter macrumors regular

ahh i see but what i require is to be able to save the addresses contained in the previous email. Those i can email individually and then save them as you mentioned but i want to save blue highlighted emails contained in the body text?

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Sorry re-read the question.

The only way I can see how to do it is to send an email to that address and then go into the sent folder and then follow the blue highlight method given above.

Surely there must be an easier way.

6. londondude thread starter macrumors regular

thanks thats what i was thinking.

7. rayward macrumors 65816

I don't think there's an easier way...on the iPhone. You can, of course, wait until you get back in front of your lap/desktop and save the contact there, from whence it will sync up to you phone.

It's strange when you consider that email addresses or phone numbers in a text message can be turned into a contact.