How to save safari layout

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iphonesrq, Jun 16, 2015.

1. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

How to save safari layout?

Everyday for work, I go to the same websites in safari and resize them on my screen so I can see all of the windows. I minimize them every evening, but safari constantly crashes and I have to redo them the following day (I've searched and tried for months to fix this).

I understand I can Add Bookmark for Tabs, but this only opens the safari windows I does not resize them the way I manually do everyday.

Is there a way I can save my layout, so all windows are saved and when opened they resize and arrange themselves the way that I save them?

If safari doesn't have this feature does another web browser do this or a program that I can download?
    thank you

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

I wished for this as long as two years ago on Safari, but AFAIK the only solution to this is to use Firefox - which is the browser I'm using now to type this. I have not tried Chrome, Opera, or another browser for the feature set you're looking for (and, me too!). I open FF, my windows/tabs open as I'd left them when I quit or logged out, font or zoom size remains the same - it's just a few adjustments in FF's settings to get it just the way you'd like. There's also a donationware Add-on that offers "reader mode", named "Reader".

I still use Safari as my main portal to the web, but use FF to get my forums fix. :D

3. iphonesrq thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks that's what I'll try, hopefully it'll resize the windows and arrange them on the screen the way I out them.

thank you!