How to save Terminal.app in utilities?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Jan 11, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

OMG the most simple things are driving me crazy. I click control + O and it does nothing. Thats what the web is telling me to save it.

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

2. Bear macrumors G3

What do you mean by saving Temrinal.app? What are you trying to do?

3. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Trying to do the following. Trying to change the default save location for Byword in hopes it gives me access to dropbox. http://bywordapp.com/support/index.html

4. Bear macrumors G3

By "Open Terminal.app" it means run Terminal from the Utilities folder and not open it within Byword.

Also, you should be able to access your drop box folder within Byword even without doing that. All the iCloud enabled apps (that I've seen) allow you to choose between iCloud and "On My Mac". Select "On My Mac" and navigate to your drop box folder.

Attached Files:

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That is just instructions about using the terminal window to change one of the default settings for Byword.
    That makes no mention of "saving Terminal.app in utilities", and also makes no mention of Control + O
    All you need to do is type the referenced command into a terminal window, press enter, and that's it. There's nothing more that you need to do, as the command just changes your defaults.
    Quit the Terminal, and launch Byword.

6. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Thats what I don't get. I have no dropbox folder on my machine. It lives in the cloud on dropbox servers. Obviously I'm confused. Care to enlighten me?

----------

Ahh enter lol. Stupid me.

Edit nope enter does not save it.

7. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Forget it. Nothing to see here. I am clearly retarded. I have never had dropbox on my computer or iPhone or iPad. I just always sync to it in the cloud. So that got me. I installed it on my computer and all works fine.