How to save website settings, when you use privacy settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olletsocmit, Jun 11, 2015.

1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

hey guys. I like privacy and use firefox so my settings are set at "Always use private browsing mode". My issue is that every time i open firefox it does not remember any of my passwords or site settings, which is how its supposed to be. but there are some sites i want it to remember. for example my home page (google). every time i open firefox, goodle keeps asking me if i want it to be my home page. is there a way to click yes and have it save that setting? even if i click save as the main page it asks every time. please let me know if there is a way or fix. see screenshot below...

[​IMG]

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

that is not an issue, it is the way the private browsing works. it wont be private if it works like a normal way - it will not remember any personal information, no temp or cache either, so you cannot use "safe my passwords" in a private mode. however, you can use bookmarks.

private browsing isnt same as an anonymous surfing, it is only not saving your browsing history to the computer you are using.

3. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

thank you for that info