How to Schedule an Apple Watch Try-On Appointment

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As of 12:01 A.M. today, you can make an appointment to try on Apple Watch. You can set up an appointment at your local Apple Retail Store via the company's concierge service. It takes just a few minutes.

Navigate to the Apple Watch section on the Apple Online Store.
Scroll down to the section that reads, "Pick your favorite Apple Watch models. And try them on." Or, go directly to the concierge page.
Click on "schedule a try-on appointment."
Select a state.
Select a store.
From the available list, find a store near you and click on "View available times." You can choose from Sport and Watch appointments, or Edition appointments.
Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
Find an available time that fits your schedule (as of 7:00 A.M., there were no available appointments at my local Apple Retail Store for launch day).
After you select the time you want, click "Make Appointment."

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Schedule an Apple Watch Try-On Appointment

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
I was able to schedule an appointment this morning for later tonight, but I've been trying to reschedule it and the service is not working. I just get a "This Service is Currently Unavailable" error page.

Any one else seeing this now? Been doing this most of the late morning for me.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
Wow. I worry that this guide is needed.
Scheduled mine just after ordering this morning then went straight in to see m y appointment. Surprisingly very quiet. About 40 staff and 20 customers!

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
I preordered mine but I still scheduled an appointment for this evening to see it in person to make sure I made the right choice by going with 42mm. I also want to check out the other bands in person.

njc707

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Sacramento, CA USA
Since instore pickup wasn't available at 12:01 or anytime since, if i order one today at my try on appointment does that mean they will have instore pickup available there?

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
FYI: If you plan on trying to order after your apt. To try and get the watch on the 24th, you will be highly disappointed. Yea you will get one but not on release date. I was in a store with over 50 people and all were being told the same exact thing " if you didn't order when it first opened up, then you might be SOL"

njc707

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks iMacoo7. I did order one online last night that says it will be delivered 4/24-5/8 just was curious if anything had switched instore. Thanks for the info!

lazyrighteye

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
FYI: If you plan on trying to order after your apt. To try and get the watch on the 24th, you will be highly disappointed. Yea you will get one but not on release date. I was in a store with over 50 people and all were being told the same exact thing " if you didn't order when it first opened up, then you might be SOL"
Thanks for the update. This is what everyine who pre-ordered and received a later than launch day delivery estimates has been wondering.
I'll still keep my 12:45 appointment to check out what I'll be receiving in 2 months. But darn... Was hoping they held some supply for try-on appointments. Oh well. I guess June is my new April 24. Boo this.

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
Went for my appointment this morning. Very interesting experience. You can tell the staff are still getting used to the whole thing. My staff member was relentless about only having one watch out at a time and constantly polishing the watches before they were put away each time. When I asked to see two side by side it made her very uncomfortable. There are two awkward things about the experience. First, they don't even have all the models in the store to try (e.g. The 42" Stainless Steel Link Bracelet) for those models they don't have a sample of to try on they direct you to look at it in the case, which doesn't help much. And second, it's a weird feeling after you try them on and are ready to buy that you can't. You have to order online and then wait 4-6 weeks. It's not that I can't wait, it's just an awkward customer experience.

On a side note, has anyone hypothesized why they are selling the sets together. Seems like an inventory nightmare. Why not sell the face and bands separately so they aren't overstocked or understocked on any particular combination?

chrisone

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
To my surprise I was able to just walk in to the Apple Store here in Germany and get an appointment just after 10 minutes. The try-outs were quite fast, so I think they could take quite a lot of walk-in customers.

GoldenDelishus

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I preordered this morning and got a May dispatch, but without actually seeing it. :)

Went in store this afternoon at the Newcastle UK branch and was very quiet round the watch display, lots of staff but not many customers. There was one guy taking photos of the gold editions :-D

No appointment needed, thought it would be crowded, tried the one I want on, (black sport) and, um, I'm not too impressed. It seems over complicated using it. The apple employee was struggling to go from app to app, pretty laggy, and a fair amount of loading times. (The employee was struggling a little and seemed embarrassed) but it's a new product so understandable.

The kicker for me was lifting your arm to see the time, sometimes it worked, sometimes not, which isn't good for a watch. She told me to "wiggle my wrist". Really? :-/

I've kept my preorder but I sort of wish I'd waited, I think there's a lot of second and third gen buyers on here and I think it's the smart thing to do. The whole thing seems oddly Samsung. (With all the features overload but not many seem to "just work")

It's a little over complex for an accessory but time will tell when it's on my wrist in May. Hopefully a bit of use and I'll start to get it. If not, there's always eBay. :)

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
I hate appointments and refuse to make one so I guess no Apple Watch try-on for me.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
On a side note, has anyone hypothesized why they are selling the sets together. Seems like an inventory nightmare. Why not sell the face and bands separately so they aren't overstocked or understocked on any particular combination?
I thought about that too. The only thing I can think of is the out of box experience. If I get the watch as a present, for example, being able to open the box and strap it onto my wrist is a much more enjoyable experience. That's how I'd want the other person to feel when I gift them an Apple Watch.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I have no interest in seeing or trying on the watch. The first time I want to see it is when it's in my hands. I got a 42mm SS with black sport band(s) so fitting won't be an issue. I got the sport band so I could try on different bands down the road to see which I really like before I buy it. I think I want the link bracelet, but I want to what apples looks like in person and also hopefully see some nice 3rd party options. I got my order in and a confirmation email at 3:02am with a 24th delivery date. So hopefully all goes well and I'll be wearing it this time 2 weeks from now.

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
I hate appointments and refuse to make one so I guess no Apple Watch try-on for me.
What do you do if you want to see a doctor or dentist? Do you just walk in or do you make an appointment? What if you need a plumber to come out? Do You call and get a time or you just demand that they come out when you want them to?

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
I have no interest in seeing or trying on the watch. The first time I want to see it is when it's in my hands. I got a 42mm SS with black sport band(s) so fitting won't be an issue. I got the sport band so I could try on different bands down the road to see which I really like before I buy it. I think I want the link bracelet, but I want to what apples looks like in person and also hopefully see some nice 3rd party options. I got my order in and a confirmation email at 3:02am with a 24th delivery date. So hopefully all goes well and I'll be wearing it this time 2 weeks from now.
Great choice! I got the same thing but my delivery date is 4/24-5/8 cos I guess I was a few minutes late.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
Thanks iMacoo7. I did order one online last night that says it will be delivered 4/24-5/8 just was curious if anything had switched instore. Thanks for the info!
I ordered mine this morning too,BUT I had planned on going in the store to try both models on and if the 42mm was gonna be to big, cancel the order and order the 38mm. I'm glad I went with the 42mm! 38mm looked tiny ( and I have small wrists )42mm fit perfectly and didn't look gimmickie nor stood out like a sore thumb

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
What do you do if you want to see a doctor or dentist? Do you just walk in or do you make an appointment? What if you need a plumber to come out? Do You call and get a time or you just demand that they come out when you want them to?
I really do hate appointments and do generally try to barge my way into dentists' offices and get an immediate appointment and try to get the plumber to come right away. Just how I am. Comes from being raised by hippies in Berkeley I guess.

lazyrighteye

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
K. Back from my appointment. Made my June ship date that much more painful. A really impressive device. Looks/feels great. Gonna be a long 2 months for this guy.
Looking forward to some shipping updates. C'mon unexpected earlier than June ship! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.