How to Seamless Integrate Motion Files into DVD Studio Pro?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Vel, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Vel macrumors member

Hi All,

I have created a few DVD for work over the last few months and I'm in the process of authoring them onto a DVD.

However I have hit a bit of a wall.

Due to the fact I am very new to using the FCP software package I decided to use some of the Motion templates for the Openings and the Lower Thirds for the movies.

I am now in the process of authoring the movies so they go on a DVD and I'm wanting to use a template from within Motion (to match the Opening and Lower Thirds used during the films).

However when I import the Motion file into DSP and drag it onto the Menu ?button? in the upper right it seems to do what I want except for it doesn't notice the buttons that I had in Motion.

So I am unable to assign the buttons to play either the film or the slideshow.

Any suggestion on how to make DSP recognise the Motion files in a way that i can choose an option for the buttons

I apologise if I rambled a little,

Thanks in advance,

Vel

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Ive never use Motion (Im guessing the Apple app) files in DSP but have used PSD layers to use as buttons. Can you clarify as to which Motion your refering too?
    I have created Motion Menus using mixed resources imported into After Effects but exported as a QT then used as background along with PSD layers to make it seamless.

3. Vel thread starter macrumors member

Yes I am referring to Apple's Motion. I am importing the .motn file which should McKee the individual text layers which end up being the buttons,

Hope this helps,

Vel

4. mBox macrumors 68020

Sorry no experience with Motion and how their layered files export. In DSP, its dependent on the element you have selected that gives you the options. If I imported a Photoshop doc with layers and apply it as a button, you select the item and you will see the options in the (forgot window name) window.