How to search in iTunes for Apple ID?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Doc69, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Doc69, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

Doc69 macrumors 6502

How do I find certain apps or songs in iTunes that were purchased with a certain Apple ID? If I choose "Get Info" there are two fields that identify the apps and songs that I want to find, the "Apple ID" field and the "Purchased By" field. Does anyone know how I can search and get a selection based on the info in either of those two fields?

If I'm not mistaken, in previous versions of iTunes, the search function looked in those fields as well. But apparently not in iTunes 11.

UPDATE: I talked to Apple, and this is no longer possible. The iTunes search does not look in those fields.

2. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Just what is it you are trying to achieve? With more information, I/we may be able to help.

You can view which devices are associated with each Apple ID by signing in on iTunes (click on iTunes Store, then "Sign In" or the email addy, once signed in click on your email addy and then on "Account"), once here, see "iTunes In The Cloud" section, to the right, in blue "Manage Devices", you can see which devices are associated with that Apple ID. (And delete any you no longer own). Click Done and get back to iTunes, sign out of that Apple ID and then sign in to the other(s) to check them. But, I don't know what it is you need. Are you using iOS 7 on any of your idevices?