How to see all your received mail in Mobile Me?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by 66217, Jul 22, 2008.

1. 66217 Guest

I normally use the Maill.app to see my mail, but sometimes I do want to see it thru Mobile Me.

What happens is that in my computer I move my mails to separate folders (friends, family, etc) to have them organized. In those folders I have mails from several accounts.

But when I access Mobile Me I only see the the last 5 mails I received. I want to be able to see ALL the mails I have ever received since I created my .Mac account. Is that possible?

Thanks,

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

It sounds like your mail folders are stored locally on your computer. In this case, the folders will not sync with MobileMe. You can, however, set up new "mailboxes" (which are really just IMAP mail folders) on the MobileMe servers so that messages you move to those folders will be available where ever you have access to MobileMe.

Simply create a new Mailbox (Mailbox menu -> Create Mailbox) and choose MobileMe as the location for each of your new folders. Then move your archived messages into those new folders. MobileMe will not allow you to create folders under your Inbox. Instead they will show up in a separate group below Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc. that is labeled with the name of your MobileMe account.

You can move any messages you desire, even ones originally from other accounts, into these online mailbox folders. However, all messages you save will count against your MobileMe available storage space.