how to see vista files on macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by scottydonald, Oct 14, 2008.

1. scottydonald macrumors newbie

i cannot see the vista files... need to transfer them and portable hard drive is busted... so lost and beginning to really annoy me...

can someone help please...

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

To read/write Windows files from within OS X, you need MacFUSE or NTFS-3G. Google for them; they're free.

3. glitch44 macrumors 65816

you haven't really given enough information: are you talking about getting a files from a Vista boot camp partition onto your Apple side?

if so, here's the Windows on Mac Forum

you could buy a flash drive and format it Fat32 in DiskUtility or go to the finder go --> computer --> browse to the vista partition and find the files that way.

4. glitch44 macrumors 65816

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe you can read NTFS without MacFuse, you just can't write/ delete to the partition.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's perfectly correct... but meh. :p Should be both natively, in my opinion.

Apple should be using ZFS natively, too, but that's a bit of a wish right now.

6. scottydonald thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry my portable hard drive is busted which i use to transfer files from pc to MBA but i wanted to transfer over the network... the files have to be off by the weekend...