Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
I managed to connect to my win 7 pc, but it is requesting a password that is never accepted by mac os. It never accepted my win7 network password so i could not access files. How can i fix it ?

Ice Cream Man

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2003
Earth
What your saying doesn't really make sense. Is this a Samba connection(SMB) ftp, or something else?

An AFP wont connect. It works better if you type for example 'smb://192.168.1.133' the prefix tells OSX how to connect. File sharing should be enabled on both machines before attempting a connection.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
What your saying doesn't really make sense. Is this a Samba connection(SMB) ftp, or something else?

An AFP wont connect. It works better if you type for example 'smb://192.168.1.133' the prefix tells OSX how to connect. File sharing should be enabled on both machines before attempting a connection.

I have done that and a notification window for password came up, but it is not accepting the password, it says you entered an invalid user name or password but the fact is password is right.

Ice Cream Man

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2003
Earth
The user name must match what the system writes your user file as. For example mine could be John, but the system logs it as John_2 because that is what it actually is, and was when i created it. Make sure there are no spaces, caps is off, etc. Both have to be correct.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
The user name must match what the system writes your user file as. For example mine could be John, but the system logs it as John_2 because that is what it actually is, and was when i created it. Make sure there are no spaces, caps is off, etc. Both have to be correct.

It is all correct. Still, not accepting.

Ice Cream Man

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2003
Earth
Firewall ports are open on both OSX, and Windows. And make sure AP isolation is turned off in your router, if you are using wifi. AP isolation will prevent connection to other devices. There has to be something set wrong in Windows(most likely) or the router. OSX could be messed up if you've tooled around to much, but still not likely. One must have the OSX firewall turned on for Windows Sharing to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.