How to selectively (re)import only Live Photos from iPhone?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AppleEco, Oct 6, 2017.

1. AppleEco macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

bad news: For whatever reason, many of my live photos are not active on the mac, but they are on the iPhone. Maybe its due to automated imports over WIFI? I don't know the reason, BUT a reimport fixes the issue and I have turned off the Wifi sync (which I would bet 100 bucks on I have turned off already)

Problem: I can't find an option that reimports ONLY the live photos. There is no feature in photos for that. Any idea?

cheers,
    Marko

2. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

Can you remove the ones in the photos catalogue without deleting anything, then add all of them back in?

3. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

In the left pane of Photos, scroll down to Albums, and then to "Live Photos." Choose that album and export it and then re-import to Photos. Thats all I can think of.

4. AppleEco thread starter macrumors newbie

...But the photos app is not showing the photos in question as live photos and are therefore not in the live photos Media types section.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Not sure I understand. Do you mean to somehow park the non- live photos aside on the iphone and re sync?

5. Indydenny, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

OK, now I understand. Can you go to Photos on the iPhone, choose Albums, then Live Photos and then add them all to a new album. Then you could export them or see if the new "Live Album" syncs to your mac?

6. AppleEco thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the import on the Mac Site does not allow album based sync. All I see is only all photos in the sequence they were taken and I can only select which ones I want. There is no where a feature that lets me import based on any rules that I would like to use :-(
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2017 ---

--- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2017 ---
    Update: I manually went through each of the live photos on the iPhone and mac to identify which ones I need to manually sync. This was a job of three hours highly focused work. Guess what happened: It synced but some photos are now videos with 3-second duration and some are live photos. I am now super p*** with apple.

Any feedback why I might face this is highly appreciated.