How to sell an iPad unlimited data sim?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NikeTalk, Feb 15, 2012.

1. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

I really just want to unload it asap but not sure about which way to go, either eBay or Craigslist. I'm sure it would be more popular on eBay but let's say it sells close to $300 you have to ship it a certain way and receive the funds a certain way. Haven't sold on ebay since they took away negative feedback.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

2. JeffMorse macrumors regular

I'm not sure I'd buy one of those on ebay. I'd much prefer a face to face.

With the rumored LTE going in the Ipad 3, I wonder if these will still be able to be used on the new version.

3. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Search "iPad unlimited sim" on eBay and see how others sell theirs. They're going got about $500+ on eBay.

4. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Craigsy! It's the best.

5. Arminter1989 macrumors newbie

Selling Unlimited on Ebay

Ebay was how i acquired my unlimited data plan. I was fortunate to find one from a person that was very knowledgeable on the matter. You dont even need the sim card if you are selling the plan without the ipad. The best way to do this is by going to att.com/ipadlanding and logging in using the same information that is used on ipad. At top of page click edit user & payment information. From this page, you can then change the IMEI and ICCID numbers (can be found under Settings, General, About) to the ipad the plan is being switched to. You then change the user information and the credit card details. There has to be a valid credit card on file in order for the plan to successfully renew and not risk permanately losing the unlimited data plan. The only part that I was weary about during this part was giving someone my credit card. I avoided this problem by buying a prepaid Visa card at WalMart and giving this to the person who was selling the Ipad plan. After you put the credit card information, you can change the email to the buyers email address and make a generic password. Give the buyer the new log-in information and your set. Everything went smoothly and I was happy with the experience. If anyone needs more questions you can ask me. Thanks.

6. Sectaguy macrumors newbie

Just wondering if you could PM me the name of the seller at ebay who helped you do this. Thanks!

7. shaown, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

shaown macrumors member

I am pondering selling mine and using tethering - what people prefer Craigslist versus ebay in NYC Metro area?

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I would try Craigslist first and meet at a Starbucks

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

its what i do to sell my stuff, come to think of it ill be selling my iPad 2 soon...