How to sell jailbroken iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gala, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Gala macrumors regular

I'm looking to sell my iPhone 4S. It's in great condition and is jailbroken with the Evasion ios 6 jailbreak. I figure I can sell it for more since the jailbreak can be viewed by some as very valuable. My questions are -
    1) how do I make sure all my info is off the phone considering I can't clean restore the phone?
    2) would the buyer be able to change the number to the phone easily?
    3) how much is a jailbroken iPhone 4S go for, I see $300-400 on Craigslist.

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Only being able.....

to chime in in the price to expect, I would say $275-350 from that I had seen in my zone (California)....

:):apple:

3. az1441 macrumors newbie

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I believe restoring to factory setting and updating will allow you to sell it for more and quicker. You will find more people that want a non-jailbroken iPhone than want a jailbroken iPhone. To answer your questions.

1. Delete all photos, text messages, phone calls, apps with personal data. Remove all e-mail accounts, log out of iTunes & App Stores. Remove Apple ID from iCloud, iMessage, Factime. This is off the top of my head, might have missed something.

2. If the phone is GSM, the phone number is tied to the sim card, not the phone. If the phone is CDMA, you have to contact the carrier to clear the ESN off your phone line.

3. What's the storage capacity? Which Carrier? Original box, accessories included?

5. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Ilex rat is a tweak that will wipe and keep jailbreak. Google it. Yeah from ebay I found most people want stock. They don't want to go through the hassle of jailbreak.