How to sell jailbroken iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ryanbeljan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ryanbeljan macrumors newbie

I have a 32gb 1G iPod Touch and it is jailbroken to the bone. I have customized many different things.

A pre-jailbroken iPod Touch/iPhone can be very attractive to some potential buyers...all the "hard work" has already been done.

But, when someone plugs my iPod into their computer, wont it want to Erase & Sync it with their iTunes library anyway? Undoing anything I have done to it previously?

Sooo are most buyers that pay more for a "Pre-jailbroken" iDevice just being tricked?

I have attached a pic of my home and lock screens just for fun.

Attached Files:

2. Krishna21 macrumors member

No, iTunes can manually mange music and videos using Drag-N-Drop.
    So selling it Jailbroken will attract customers--use Craigslist to sell it for your local area, and since this is 1st Gen, do not charge extra cuz it's Jailbroken.

Btw, what are the themes you used in the pics attached?

3. ryanbeljan thread starter macrumors newbie

I use the automatic sync. Would the new owner of the iPod be able to do it manually simply by checking the box the first time they plug it in? Or do I need to change it to manual before I sell it to them?

I understand a 1G iPod may be easier to jail break, but wouldn't you think its still worth more?

Started with the Eraser 2 theme.
    HTC plugin for Lockinfo
    Modified the slider with iFile
    User lockscreen background

4. Krishna21 macrumors member

The new owner can manually get it by checking the box..

And no, you said it, it's 1G and it's VERY EASY to Jailbreak now.

5. ryanbeljan thread starter macrumors newbie

my guess is that someone is going to actually buy a pre-jailbroken ipod on craigslist or ebay...they have no idea of the difficulty.

most likely the buyer wouldnt be someone from these forums. we know how to do it, and its easy.

6. Krishna21 macrumors member

No, it's easy.
    The minute they plug their iPod into iTunes and shows the little summary, on the bottom they'll quickly see "Manually Manage Music and Videos". They just tick that box and they're good.

7. Ram. macrumors newbie

Krishna21, there are alot of people that are too lazy to read on how to jailbreak, or think its for *hackers*, so he might be able to sell it for more.

Though the fact that its 1G will make the price low as the 4G is out, but you should be able to make a decent profit still.

Good Luck with your sell!
    Ram.

P.S
    I really like your theme/skin/what ever :D