How to Sell My MBA (Canada)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NewbieCanada, Apr 16, 2012.

1. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

When the new line-up comes out I'm going to want to sell my 2011 MacBook Air. The Canadian equivalents of gazelle, etc., don't seem to handle computers - just phones and tablets.

I prefer that no-hassle approach over classified ads, ebay, etc.

Are any Canadian members aware of stores (Toronto area) or other ways of selling a used Mac? A place that does trade-ins won't likely work either, as my new MacBook will almost certainly be a version only available online from Apple.

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Kijiji is great for selling things, its free and ive sold all kinds of things from Fridges stoves, washer dryers, why so against classified adds?

any store will give you very little as they have to still sell it and they want a high margin they wont buy it from you to resell 10% higher than what they gave you for it they most likey want to be able to add 40% on their cost when they resell it.

with classified you sell if for the true value

3. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

If you have enough posts you can try the MacRumors market place. If you're a member in other forums too then most forums have a marketplace. Thats how I've sold all my laptops.

4. NewbieCanada thread starter macrumors 68030

For classified you have to arrange a meeting with the buyer, negotiate a price, etc. I like the services like ebay instant sell, sellyourelectronics, etc.

5. PaulWog Suspended

I used Craigslist. Was easy.

Posted it up for sale, and 2 hours later I had a deal secured.

Got 950 for it, paid 1150 plus tax originally, was an i5 128gb 11in version.

Pretty easy to sell that way.

6. sarah11918 macrumors member

You could also check out the Classifieds section of the ehmac.ca forums.

I know you said you'd prefer to avoid classifieds, but there are a ton of GTA folks there, and I've bought twice from different sellers there (Macbook and iPad). One in person, the other shipping from Ottawa. No problems.

7. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

My number one selling tip: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom