How to sell new AT&T iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dud2727, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dud2727 macrumors newbie

So I got an upgrade AT&T iPhone 4s for my wife and before she opened it she looked at mine and didnt like it. So I was looking to sell the brand new, never opened still in package iPhone 4s. I bought it a couple of weeks ago so I assume it has the newest firmware on it. Looking at eBay or craigslist. My question is: what do I need to do to make sure I'm protected and the person I sell it can use the phone? Do I open it and take the sim card out? Do I activate it and then take the sim card out? Or do I just leave it unopened? I have sold iPhones before and just took the sim card out and had no issues, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Don't you have 30 days to return it? I'd call ATT and tell them your wife doesn't want it and hence since it's only been X days, you want to return it for a full refund. If you signed a new contract, all new ATT contracts have a 30-day window where you can quit and get your money back...the only thing different is you just want your money back and probably do not want to quit ATT.

Call ATT first before you explore selling it for less than you paid, etc. You might want to post this question on the Apple Forums, too, and address some of my questions/topics too so other users don't ask you the same questions. :)