Price Advice How to sell or trade MBP??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tom R, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Tom R macrumors member

Good Morning...I often hear of good resale prices for used MBPs. What are the easiest methods to get value from a 2010 17" MBP...2.66 Intel i7...4 GB Ram?

Does Apple take trades?

What is approximate used value?

Is there an easy way to transfer info to new MBP AND to "clean" used MBP b4 selling?

Thanks...Tom R

2. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Craigslist, eBay...

No.

Search Craigslist and eBay. :)

Migration Assistant will help you migrate from old to new, then just format and do a clean install of OS X on the old one.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

4. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

About.....

price advice, I would say $1200-1350 will be a good asking price, provided the computer dont have any cosmetic or functional issue. You dont estated nothing about AppleCare and if this model have or not the "glossy" screen, both factors, IMHO, can affect the price a little bit.

About selling, eBay can help if you can go with the fees. Craiglist also, but with extra precautions (IMHO). Still, local newspapers and flyers can do the trick....

If selling online, factor in shipping costs and fees (if any)....

:):apple:

5. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    yes - some Authorised resellers do, at least in Australia they do - the local one has a campaign on right now.
    not that it is of use to you in the USA necessarily

6. tonie macrumors 6502

Where did you get that price from? I saw about three to four people where trying to sell 2011 17" with 16GB and they were struggling to get $1200 and that's almost a year or a year now. I don't see how this laptop is going to even get close to $900. Anyway, GLWS.

7. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

I've seen a few 17" go for around $1k recently, depending on upgrades and screen finish.