How to sell (or use?) a brick (5.0.1 jb, BB: 6.15)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BikeInPond, Dec 15, 2011.

1. BikeInPond macrumors newbie

Bought an unlocked jailbroken iPhone 3GS used recently. Got home and put in my Rogers SIM card (Canada) and got perpetual "Searching.... No Service". Tried resetting network settings airplane mode etc. etc. to no avail.
    So I re-started by doing the jailbreak and unlock process from scratch with redsn0w on 5.0.1 and baseband 6.15 unlocking with ultrasn0w but STILL no luck getting service. At this point I kind of want to sell it and buy an unjailbroken rogers phone instead.

Is there anything I can do to either get it working with my SIM (downgrading to a less troublesome iOS, for example), or return it to a sell-able state?

Will my upgrading to iPad baseband 6.15 have permanently impaired the phones functionality even if i restore it to factory defaults?

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I think that if it's a newer 3GS, using the iPad baseband will actually break the phone's ability to connect to the network when running 5.0.0

3. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Apple is still signing 4.1 so you could actually downgrade to that firmware and use the iPad baseband to unlock.