how to sell verizon iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freshass, Feb 8, 2011.

1. freshass macrumors newbie

ok, im already pissed off at the phone and want to get rid of it. heres why.
    i am constantly getting the blue circle instead of 3g. slow 3g speeds compared to my droid in the exact same location, and yes, i do get dropped calls.

the question is, i accidentaly registered the phone and gave it a name. when i do sell the phone, can they change the name and use their own itunes account?

the other question is, what is that blue circle?

thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you just got it, why sell it?

Why not just get a refund?

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Search before you post, 2 of your questions are already answered in other posts right here on the 1st page.

As for the name, just restore your phone and when you finally get to the screen asking to restore it from a backup or setup as a new phone, eject the phone.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, just take it back.

5. freshass thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess because, when i do return it, it takes them a month to return my upgrade function and i would like to get the thunderbolt preorder

6. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

Maybe you got a bad iphone? not in 3g?

because the blue circle on the iPhone is the "no data network" symbol.

7. freshass thread starter macrumors newbie

i forgot to mention, its jailbroken with green poison. would this have anything to do with the blue circle?

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

It should only take 3 days. In my experience usually within 24 hours.

No. The circle is basically 1X on another Verizon phone. I would give it a few more days though. With all the activations going on and everyone using their brand new iPhones, service is going to take a hit. Try it until the end of next week, see if it improves. If it doesn't, then return it.

9. freshass thread starter macrumors newbie

i hope thats the case. i will probably try it until next week. so far dissapointed. iam going to restore it to factory and see if it helps

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If your just having a network issue, then try to just reset the network (it's quicker)

Settings> General> Reset> Reset network settings

11. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Out of curiosity, how was the phone behaving BEFORE you jailbroke it, or did you not bother to even use it before destroying it's firmware?

12. freshass thread starter macrumors newbie

well its back to stock now..it is behaving exactly the same way.. i continue to receive the blue circle of death instead of 3g in the same exact location where i sit at work..(nurse). iam hoping that it is the all mighty big red showing its weakness and not the cdma version of iphone. .2 mbps down is below substandard

13. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

Really all you need to do is call verizon and tell them you want your ESN changed and give them your droid ESN, they'll activate the droid and you'll be good to go.

Then you can sell the iPhone.

14. vistadude macrumors 65816

If you sell it, you end up paying the full price of the thunderbolt. Why not just return the iphone, wait a month, then get the thunderbolt? The thunderbolt will not sell out ever.

15. freshass thread starter macrumors newbie

ive done my research. my problem was that i did not/ could not possibly know that the VERIZON iphone would not maintain 3g in my hospital floor where my droid could

16. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Refund with whom you originally purchased it from.

17. zenio macrumors 6502

Android phones are known good performers. I have a Captivate on AT&T, and a Droid X on Verizon, and they make great phone calls everywhere my other phones, especially iPhones won't.

18. mjs31 macrumors 6502

Surprising to see this about reception issues on the VZ iPhone. I am a super Mod in a popular Android forum and switched to the iPhone replacing my Droid Incredible. I am also jailbroken and have noticed how much BETTER the iPhone is doing at picking up and holding 3G vs my Inc. Android phones are no slouch for reception so for this to be better is saying a lot. I wonder if the OP just got a bad phone?

Extremely happy with my decision to switch.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When I was on ATT, my nexus one android phone was better then everyone's iPhone for coverage. I'm happy with the number of bars I'm able to pull in on my droid x as well. I have little to compare it with, as there's no one that I know that has a VZW iPhone

20. jnyost macrumors newbie

You must be extremely luck. I'm getting a lot of call quality complaints with my iPhone, where I didn't with my Incredible. I could walk around my whole house with my dinc but have to stand by a window with the iPhone.

21. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

That's funny that you should say that, because I have better signal on my new iPhone than I did on my Motorola Droid.

22. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Quick question, do you have a case? If not, are you holding correctly and not covering the bands?

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From what I'm seeing on the intarweb - it seems that the so called death grip is still evident on the vzw iPhone, even though apple made some design changes.

24. elan123 macrumors 6502

hahaha thats funny