How to send email audio recordings attachments to another iphone as a mms

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cameron08, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Cameron08 macrumors member

I got an email from a friend with a audio recording and I'd like to forward it on to my friends via text/mms on my iphone...

Anyone know how to get this audio recording from my email into my messages app so I can forward it?

Thanks,
    Cameron

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to email it to your iPhone's MMS address. For AT&T its 1234567890@mms.att.net where "1234567890" is your ten digit number. There are some limitations to what kind of files it'll accept. Use Google to find out the MMS address for other carriers.

3. r2shyyou, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Have you tried tapping your finger on it and holding it there for a few seconds? I don't have an email with an audio file handy so I can't test at the moment but with other attachments that brings up a menu where "Copy" is one of the options. Then you could paste it into a text to send off.

EDIT: just tested this and holding down a finger on the audio file does bring up a menu but "Copy" is not one of the options. Sorry!

4. Cameron08 thread starter macrumors member

I tried that but I get an error back on the test )-: I'll give it another go though thanks

----------

Hey ya I thought of that as well. I even tried pasting it with no luck though.

There has to be a way lol thanks for your time

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A good rule of thumb is nothing over 500Kb and only WAV or MP3 file types.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell