How to send group SMS and text goes into individual contact chat log?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by luisadastwin, Jan 25, 2011.

1. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I usually send SMS to a group of people but when one person answers, the log chat of that person's contact in my iPhone does not have the text I sent because iPhone keeps that "lonely" log of the sent SMS....

I would like to send SMS to a group of people but I would like it to work like a "script", as it would send the SMS to each one of the contacts separately! This would bring some logic to the chat logs of each person and if a SMS fails, I get to see who was the person that the SMS failed!

So, anyone knows how to send SMS to a Group of contacts but the goes into the individual contact chat log?

Thank you in advance!

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Not possible. Maybe there is a jailbreak tweak that will accomplish this (I've never seen one) but with a regular stock iPhone I dont think there's any way to do this.

3. luisadastwin thread starter macrumors regular

luisadastwin

Maybe BiteSMS should do it in a while :)

4. alangrehan macrumors regular

This bothers me too... I tend to just copy and paste into each conversation.

It has it's pluses... If you regularly send to the exact same group you van just open that conversation every time you want to fire off a text.

5. luisadastwin thread starter macrumors regular

luisadastwin

Yes, but for that particular case, there are some GROUP SMS apps. And in that apps, you can set up a group of contacts and select a group any time and send an SMS to that group.