How to set an alarm?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thinkbig12, Sep 2, 2008.

1. thinkbig12 macrumors member

Hi

I'm trying to do something. What want is to set an alarm for everyday of the week. It has to play songs from Itunes. Also, I want my macbook to boot up before the alarm starts, but I can't because the lid is closed?

Is there a way to make it work even if the lid is closed? If you don't understand juste tell me, english is not my main language!

Thanks

2. Trip.Tucker Guest

Without resorting to downloading additional programs you can use the built in scripting in OS X.
    Check out this site for ideas and scripts ready to download and run.
    Dougs Scripts: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

Another way is to add iTunes to your Login Item list in Accounts (Preferences Pane) and/or configure a playlist on startup.
    Then set the Energy Saver, Schedule, Start or Wake Up option to your preferred time.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

4. thinkbig12 thread starter macrumors member

I just found a way to run an alarm using itunes and ical. Now I need to find a way to wake up the computer even if the lid is closed and the play the song even if the lid is closed? Is it possible?

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

As I said above, Alarm Clock Pro, or use Energy Saver to starup the computer (which should kick it out of sleep mode).

TEG

6. Trip.Tucker Guest

Yes, as I posted, set the schedule in Preferences and the laptop will power on at the required time even with the lid closed. There is no need to use additional software.