How to set default mail account for the mail app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tinototem, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Tinototem macrumors member

Hello

My iphone is connected to 3 mail accounts. One Exchange, One Gmail and One Other.

At the moment my Other accout is the default account when i open the Mail app and i there by starts in "others inbox".

However i want the following order:
    Exchange
    Other
    Gmail

And when i start the mail app i want to start in the Exchange inbox. Could anyone please help me with a step by step how i set this up.

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Mine starts in whichever folder of whichever account I was last in. :confused:

I don't know of a way to to have it always pop you in the Inbox of a specific account.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars has a "Default account" that you can specify, but I think that's only for when you compose a new message, it uses that account as the reply to address.

3. Tinototem thread starter macrumors member

If you have your last state saved you will start in whichever folder of whichever account I was last in. How ever if you have not it will start in some specific "default" account.

This is not the same as the "Default account" settings.

4. Jelite macrumors 6502a

Does it make the first account you add the default? Because mine always opens in my Hotmail account which is first in the list.

Try deleting the accounts and adding them in the order you want them if so.

5. Tinototem thread starter macrumors member

I have removed everything except my exchange account. After that i add the "other" account. And now the "Other" is the default. So it feels like IMAP accounts get priority before Exchange.

I think your tip would work if you only had IMAP accounts.

6. dwero macrumors newbie

That was what i want to say, but i am wondering is there a better solution?
    For i want to set another mail as default one on WLM.

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

How do you cause it to lose state?

I've tried holding down the Home button, going into jiggle mode and closing Mail.app, doing a proper shutdown, and doing a forced shutdown, and Mail.app always opens where I left it.

You're running iOS 4.1?

8. Tinototem thread starter macrumors member

I am running iOS 4.1 and the way i make it lose state is by holding down the Home button, going into jiggle mode and closing Mail.app. Next time i start it will open in the "other" account inbox.