Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Hi,

just a quick question. Where and how to setup my MP so it doesn't wake up when I unplug things like iPhone etc from the usb? Is there such an option?

Thanks

p.s.: Sorry if this is the wrong forum

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
I don't think you can. I tried for a long time to find a way to get the wireless mouse I use to not wake the computer when I bumped the mouse, and never found a way. You can disable bluetooth devices from waking the computer, but not wireless.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I do not believe there is a way. Macs and many newer PCs are set at the Firmware/BIOS level to wake on USB activity.

Though there may be a way to change this in the Mac Pro's firmware this would likely also make it impossible to wake you Mac via a mouse click or pressing a key on your keyboard.

Often on PCs that you build yourself the USB wake option is in the BIOS or a jumper setting on the motherboard. This option is not always made available on manufactured computers since they neuter the BIOS to keep buyers from screwing up their computer.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Oh I see. Thanks for replies. I was hoping for a single solution but now I can see there isn't one. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.