Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netprince

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
:confused:Hi guys,
yesterday night in the italian app store was still present the new fantastic application netshare. I have brought immediately but the problem now is how to set with Pc win vista?
Someone can help me step by step included the settings for the iphone?
Many thanks from Italy
Tommaso

:confused:

Tsr

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Found this

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=11464002&postcount=36

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING, SO USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!***

1. Download the application.

2. On your computer click (Start) > (Control Panel) > (Hit switch to classic view on the left if you haven't before) > (Network Connections) > (Right click wireless connection and click properties) > (Wireless Networks) > (Advanced all the way on the bottom) > (Computer-to-computer (ad hoc) networks only) > (Close) > (Wireless Networks windows hit (add) in the middle) > (Association) > (SSID = Whatever name you want) > (Uncheck (The key is provided for me automatically) > (Enter whatever networks key you want) > (Ok) > (Click General on top) > (Go down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) click on it) > (Click Properties) > (General - Click Use the following IP address) > (192.168.1.2 or Whatever you want) > (Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 *Make sure this is same on your pc and iphone) > (Click Ok) > (Click Ok again).

3. Open FireFox > (Click Tools) > (Click Options) > (Advanced) > (Network) > (Settings) > (Click Manual proxy configuration) > (SOCKS Host <IP set in the iPhone> so 192.168.1.1 and port 1080) > (Click Okay) > (Click Okay) > (Exit FireFox).

4. Grab your iPhone (Press Settings) > (Wi-Fi) > (Wi-Fi On) > (Next find the SSID you set on your pc so for example iPhone) > (Press iPhone and enter your WEP key you set on the pc) > (Main Wi-Fi Screen hit the little blue arrow circle next to the SSID (iPhone) > (Press Static and set the ip to whatever you want so for example 192.168.1.1) > (Set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 make sure its the same as the pc) > (Press Wi-Fi Networks on the top) > (Press Settings on the top) > (Press the home button on your iPhone) > (Main screen press NetShare).

5. Go back to your PC and open FireFox and Browse!!! Enjoy!!!

6. If it does not work disable the wireless network connection on your pc and iphone and than re enable it, and than open NetShare again, and try again!

mauer01

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
Found this

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=11464002&postcount=36

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING, SO USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!***

1. Download the application.

2. On your computer click (Start) > (Control Panel) > (Hit switch to classic view on the left if you haven't before) > (Network Connections) > (Right click wireless connection and click properties) > (Wireless Networks) > (Advanced all the way on the bottom) > (Computer-to-computer (ad hoc) networks only) > (Close) > (Wireless Networks windows hit (add) in the middle) > (Association) > (SSID = Whatever name you want) > (Uncheck (The key is provided for me automatically) > (Enter whatever networks key you want) > (Ok) > (Click General on top) > (Go down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) click on it) > (Click Properties) > (General - Click Use the following IP address) > (192.168.1.2 or Whatever you want) > (Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 *Make sure this is same on your pc and iphone) > (Click Ok) > (Click Ok again).

3. Open FireFox > (Click Tools) > (Click Options) > (Advanced) > (Network) > (Settings) > (Click Manual proxy configuration) > (SOCKS Host <IP set in the iPhone> so 192.168.1.1 and port 1080) > (Click Okay) > (Click Okay) > (Exit FireFox).

4. Grab your iPhone (Press Settings) > (Wi-Fi) > (Wi-Fi On) > (Next find the SSID you set on your pc so for example iPhone) > (Press iPhone and enter your WEP key you set on the pc) > (Main Wi-Fi Screen hit the little blue arrow circle next to the SSID (iPhone) > (Press Static and set the ip to whatever you want so for example 192.168.1.1) > (Set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 make sure its the same as the pc) > (Press Wi-Fi Networks on the top) > (Press Settings on the top) > (Press the home button on your iPhone) > (Main screen press NetShare).

5. Go back to your PC and open FireFox and Browse!!! Enjoy!!!

6. If it does not work disable the wireless network connection on your pc and iphone and than re enable it, and than open NetShare again, and try again!

I think those are for XP...they made no sense when trying in Vista. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.