How to set ping?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by urrl78, Dec 9, 2007.

1. urrl78 macrumors member

My iPT is very particular about what signals it accepts and even after accepting within 10 seconds it will stop loading pages if I stop continually browzing. The moment I stop browsing and count to ten the Wifi connection dies. I notice looking in the iPT files via WinSCP there is a ping file. Is there any software that will enable me to set the ping so I can keep the signal alive? Please don't talk about IP address is wrong because I can stay on as long as I want, but the moment I stop browzing within ten seconds the connection dies. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. sambapati87 macrumors member

The "ping" is nothing but a measurement of the time (in milliseconds) it takes for a message to be sent and received from an IP address on the network or the internet.

The ping file you found is most probably the command line utility of the same name used for measuring the ping between you and another IP address.

The ping of any connection depends on many things and cannot be "set".

I don't know what could be causing your problem, but that is what I know about ping. Hope it helps.