How to set up NetShare on your Mac & iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by appleguy5211, Aug 2, 2008.

1. appleguy5211 macrumors member

Hey all. I tried posting a few videos yesterday, but they all turned out to be crap. So i spent a good half hour on iMovie and created a nice tutorial for setting up NetShare on your mac.

You can view in normal or high quality!

How to set up NetShare on a Mac

2. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

thanks alot, even though your tutorial shows the same steps as others, it worked for me this time.
    thanks alot!

3. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Bookmarked for when my Macbook gets back from repair. Thanks! :)

4. appleguy5211 thread starter macrumors member

no prob guys. Sometimes it just helps to see things from a different angle :)

5. johnnie macrumors newbie

In my dome I don't have wireless so I connect my MBP through Ethernet LAN and I have followed every step as your video but on my iPhone it stated that cann't connect to NetShare.

Can anyone help please?

6. bsteyaert macrumors newbie

0 Connected.... but everything set correctly

Thanks appleguy5211,

I am still not able to access the internet through my MacBook Pro. I have gone through several different tutorial (yours was the most thorough), but no luck. Within the preferences I have tried w/and w/o having the proxies, different IPs, but nothing seems to show a connection in the NetShare application (Connections: 0). This of course would leave the other fields not showing any data transferred.

I am not sure if anyone has run into this issue or has an idea of what may be the ailment. Any help, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.