how to set up siri?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by cinek, Oct 15, 2011.

1. cinek macrumors 6502

How can I set up siri? When I ask for the weather - it says it doesn't know "what the weather is for ." Also how can I set up relationships so I can say e.g. call my wife etc

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So many threads on this ...

Tell siri the name of a contact and who she or he is to you. I even managed to tell Siri who my dog was.

3. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

You have to use iCloud contacts to setup relationships. Gmail won't work. Heads up.

As for weather. Talk to it more. If you walked up to me and said 'weather' I wouldn't know what you meant either. It's natural language. Not command.

What's the weather like now?

5. cinek thread starter macrumors 6502

I asked "what's the weather like" - it doesn't seem to know my location

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Location services are turned off for weather or something then.

And yes. It's 6:15 pm. Ugh.

Attached Files:

7. cinek thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, just checked and location services are on for both the weather app & siri :confused:

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Only you need to be in iCloud. Your relationships can all be on another system. Like mine are in my Exchange server.

9. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Yeah. The relationship works fine on my Gmail Exchange server. It does list the categories pretty crazy though web you view them in the address book. But Siri does know she's not my "Assistant" but rather my friend, daughter, etc.

Ask Siri for Weather in Chicago or something. Be specific. If it works. Then Siri might not have your location. Ask Siri "Who am I". Make sure it has the right info.

Also. When you go to the weather app, does it have correct Current Location weather?