How to Set up SSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dlamin517, Nov 11, 2008.

1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

I found this guide on another site and i thought you guys might find it useful

Source: Pr0x.org

Edit: i found the guy's video for it too

http://vimeo.com/2210244

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I liked it. I like the part where it talks about how sometimes it takes a few time to connect the first time. That is so true, it happened to me.. :)

3. NemesisGT macrumors newbie

Is this still a good way to ssh on windows? I want to change some icons to others ive seen in the springboards and themes threads or make a custom one but until now ive only read about mac programs to ssh. I use winterboard currently and all im trying to accomplish so far is pick and choose my icon graphics. I also want to mix some of the themes maybe but i think i have to go to another thread for that. Thanks for any advie.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Here's another guide. It recommends Fugu, but I like Cyberduck better.

The site also has a ton of other good info for the jailbreaking newbie. It helped me learn a lot when I jailbroke for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy....

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list

6. NemesisGT macrumors newbie

Oh i thought fugu and cyberduck were for mac. I have been looking at a lot of things on hackthatphone.com. Just seems that a lot of it references to mac. My guess is the steps are the same just need the right utility to connect to the iphone. Thanks for the iphone browser links. I'll check those out.

Oh and do you guys know if its better to mod the themes that im trying to use to mix or just mod the original apple icons themselves?