How to set up the iPhone 5s with Straight Talk ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hannah25, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Hannah25 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Can someone please give me the steps of what I will need to do after purchasing an iPhone 5s from Apple to use with Straight Talk? And which one I should get, the T-Mobile or SIM-Free? What's the difference, and which one would be easiest to set up?
    Please and Thank you!

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i would get the Verizon iPhone 5S, as they come SIM unlocked and can be used on CDMA or GSM. Then buy a SIM card of your choice and go onto straight talks website and follow their activate instructions.

3. Hannah25 thread starter macrumors newbie

So you're saying I wouldn't have to pay an ETF to Verizon and could just use it right away with straight talk?

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i never said that at all. you never even said anything about getting rid of current service. you simply asked if you bought a phone from apple, the steps you needed to take. if you currently have service, then yes you will have to pay the ETF if you want to cancel the contract and go to prepaid.

you need to buy the phone outright from apple, no upgrade price, no contract, no ETF. just walk into an apple store and purchase a verizon iphone without a contract. then yes use it right away with straight talk. you DO NOT purchase it with service.