How to set up touchterm?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AlmostJosh, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

What are you trying to setup with it exactly? I personally use it's competitor iSSH but should be able to help regardless.

2. AlmostJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

You do know what TouchTerm does, don't you? I would think if you had any reason to gain command line access via Telnet or SSH to your iBook from your iPhone then you would be asking much more detailed questions...

4. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Haha oh man. You should have bought it for me ;)

5. nicoljcraig macrumors newbie

I'm just trying to setup a basic SSH connection with my macbook and iphone. Any help? Silly reason really, I just want to put different text tones onto my iPhone.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

TouchTerm is the client. Similar to how Firefox or Internet Explorer is the client for web servers.

You need the server running on your phone. Install OpenSSH from Cydia. Then you would use something like WinSCP or Cyberduck on your computer to log into the phone.

Or just use iPhone Browser or iFunBox, probably much easier for what you are trying to do.

I use iSSH on my iPad because it is a native app. TouchTerm is FAR superior on the iPhone just because it supports the use of "screen" to resume sessions. Huge plus when you don't have to go through all the hoops to log in and change directories and stuff every time you connect.

Edit:

ha, just saw that this is a 3 year old resurrected thread...