how to set up WRT110 Linksys router with macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Raidersmojo, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Raidersmojo macrumors regular

anyone know how to go into the settings and change it to a closed network with a password? I have been trying how to figure it out and linksys has no answer on their website.

I use verizon DSL internet and connect my Westell 6100 F modem into the WRT110Model linksys router. I just want to edit my settings so no one can jump onto my router and take my speed wirelessly since I live in an apartment complex. anyone help me out? I've been on the phone with verizon all day...I really don't want to spend another minute with them on the phone

sorry if this is in the wrong location my head is absolutely spinning right now

2. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

Your manual should tell you how.

Basically you enter the address 192.168.1.1 (assuming you still have the default router IP) and you leave the userid blank and enter "admin" for the password (without the quotes of course).

Under the wireless settings you should find a setup that disables SSID broadcast (the same thing Apple calls a closed network) and settings to setup a wireless access password (via WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)