How to set your avatar

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by WonderKid938, May 28, 2013.

1. WonderKid938 macrumors 6502a

WonderKid938

Could someone pleaee tell me how to add a picture to my profile.It makes me feel really stupid not being able to figure if out but oh well

2. rwnyoung macrumors member

I don't think this is the area you should be requesting that, but here is a little info.

How do I set my avatar?
    Avatars are small images that display alongside a user's name. This is a feature that is reserved for established users on the MacRumors Forums. We require a 500 post minimum (user title 6502a or higher) before you are given the opportunity to upload your own custom avatar. A few users were given avatar privileges before this milestone because they won a forum contest.

Once you reach 500 posts you may not immediately be able to upload an avatar. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 500 posts.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Setting your profile picture is done through the User CP.

[​IMG]

It sets a photo on your user profile, here. This is not the same picture found next to your posts, such as the one you made here.

The ones next to your posts are called an avatar. See the avatar FAQ about this:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Actually, this is exactly the appropriate forum to ask such questions, as stated on the Forum List:

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

There's a sticky thread About avatars... at the top of this section of the forums, for the very purpose of answering this type of question.

Let us know if you still have trouble after reading it!