How to setup email on unlocked 3g iphone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cg05927n, Jul 14, 2010.

1. cg05927n macrumors newbie

I have an 3g iphone running 4.0 firmware. I unlocked it so I can use it withmy tmobile sim card. For tmobile I used a blackberry curve 8520 so I have a data plan and on my curve i was able to send and receive email, use the web without wifi and so forth. Can I setup my email on my iphone so that I don't neeed to use wifi to physically go to my email address and login in. I want it setup like my curve where you type in all your info and your emails come to you just like text messages. I tried to set it up myself and i couldnt get it going so im not sure if it doesnt work because i did something wrong or if that feature doesnt work at all with unlocked jailbroken iphones. alsoo if I can get it to work or even if i cant would there be any point in keeping my data plan or will it basically become obsolete because It won't run on the jailbroken iphone

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Setting up an E-mail account on an iPhone is no different in a locked or unlocked phone. You just need the pop and smtp server addresses, your email and password.

You can also sync an existing e-mail account from your computer to iPhone using iTunes.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Reading between the lines I think your problem is not email but setting up the APN for Tmobile. Can I assume you also cannot browse the web with Mobile Safari when your wifi is not connected. You need to change the APN settings and one way to do this is to go to help.benm.at using your browser on wifi and download and install the t-mobile settings under USA.